Idaho (and now PA) Opinion Pieces, Letters of Public Interest and other aimful musings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular posts
-
Dribbling basketballs through math Commentary by Jim Banholzer http://www.mtexpress.com/story_printer.php?ID=2005108680 ...
-
Enlightening Eastwood’s Pale Rider By Jim Banholzer With special lights from Brad Nottingham & Professor Tom Trusky...
-
The Dave Matthews Band experimental muse. We were having a post-Super Bowl celebration party, somewhere around a cacophonous Boise Train Sta...
-
Trauma in the wrong lane? http://www.idahostatesman.com/letters/story/193885.html A question for mental health awareness week I recently rea...
-
Psyche 101 Professor Kneeland College of Southern Idaho An Incongruent Incident on Union Street It was another “Thirsty...
-
An Open letter to Senator Larry Craig, as sent via e-mail Friday, September 7, 2007 Senator Craig, I sent a suggestion into you back in Dec...
-
Sensible Sharpshooter? When my brother David first got out of infantry training from Camp Lejuene, he was one cocky son of a gun. Although h...
-
Honorably building sound minds and sound bodies It’s refreshing to see the non-profit Tri-Municipal Park Inc. readying multi-play fie...
-
Meanwhile, I have also been working on some submissions for a next newsletter, which I will include here shortly. Depending on when you pu...
-
Deliveryman Dopplegangers? Last week, my boss told me that a friend of hers came in the shop and mentioned that she has seen our ‘trucks’ d...
I should've known you'd have a blog, Jim. Out of everyone I've ever known, I'd say about 0.1% have blogs, so I rarely look. But, there I was google-mapping today, virtually out west, as it were, and I thought to myself, "Hey, I know a guy in Idaho..." Long story short, I found your blog.
ReplyDeletePersonally, I keep to a pen-name on the ol' blogosphere -- got to protect my professional, corporate image from the regular smart-assedness, often foul-mouthed as well, that emerges from my fingertips on a near-daily basis.
But, I'll give you a strong hint as to my identity, as we were good friends back in the day. I'll never forget walking next door in our little garden apartment complex in Falls Church, VA, one morning to watch your clinically-insane roommate positioning the stereo speakers face-down on the carpet (blaring music) and jumping up & down screaming like a damned maniac in order to piss off the occupants downstairs.
Good times, eh? What was that... 17 years ago? Doesn't seem that long to me. So, you know me as (J) and my wife (W), but on the blogosphere, I pretty much stick to "Patrick Hillman."
-P.H.
ps We're late in following you, but it looks like we're moving out West as well -- hopefully to Ft. Collins, CO, in '08.