Saturday, March 17, 2007

Natural greenery patterns
Saint Patrick’s Day 2007

Branches dance off in twos or threes
It’s funny how these Idaho trees
Are not designed to poke a man in the face
Except for those that have been
Trimmed sharp, by mans hand himself

Most taper off, reaching safely for Sol
Where people forget to look up
Kids clap -exclaiming never tire
At jumping at sky with sparkletoy in hand
Sounds of glee from the playground
Named after Hemingway ascendfully agree

Thoughts from the tree lean into me in two or three ways
While dazed, the tree rings pierce through my pitch pine stained cloak
To see that I am both old and young
I respectfully stand back from the solid oak

Reasoning some Willy Blake phrases
That is -the young boy’s toys
And the elder tree mans reasons
As the ripened fruit of the two seasons
Patterned then, its suddenly seen from my small patch
That there is a multi-chrome green sword for me
To rip and tear from the ancient tree


-James Patrick Banholzer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular posts