Adapting to Place
At first they thought I was a cop
Then they thought me Turtle
Tortiouse-like encased in my shell
I stayed that way frozen
But actually listening
for clues the whole time
hint:
How to uncase myself from this shell
I've cemented myself in
Actually when I least expected it
a leprechan tickled my green toes
he had hazmat gloves on
it turns out
which he turned me turnkey
inside out
He said elfishly
come Son
Sit on the all ready hardened case
above Guyer hot springs steam
Be more lizard-like
if only for a short span
You look like a cop
-shell or no
No one will disturb you
I'll keep your shell safe by my toe
Idaho (and now PA) Opinion Pieces, Letters of Public Interest and other aimful musings.
Sunday, April 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular posts
-
Dribbling basketballs through math Commentary by Jim Banholzer http://www.mtexpress.com/story_printer.php?ID=2005108680 ...
-
Enlightening Eastwood’s Pale Rider By Jim Banholzer With special lights from Brad Nottingham & Professor Tom Trusky...
-
The Dave Matthews Band experimental muse. We were having a post-Super Bowl celebration party, somewhere around a cacophonous Boise Train Sta...
-
Trauma in the wrong lane? http://www.idahostatesman.com/letters/story/193885.html A question for mental health awareness week I recently rea...
-
Psyche 101 Professor Kneeland College of Southern Idaho An Incongruent Incident on Union Street It was another “Thirsty...
-
Honorably building sound minds and sound bodies It’s refreshing to see the non-profit Tri-Municipal Park Inc. readying multi-play fie...
-
Deliveryman Dopplegangers? Last week, my boss told me that a friend of hers came in the shop and mentioned that she has seen our ‘trucks’ d...
-
Sensible Sharpshooter? When my brother David first got out of infantry training from Camp Lejuene, he was one cocky son of a gun. Although h...
-
Banholzerian underground zymurgy For those interested in reading more about Banholzer ancestry the family also had a brewery in St. Pa...
-
Meanwhile, I have also been working on some submissions for a next newsletter, which I will include here shortly. Depending on when you pu...
No comments:
Post a Comment