Monday, December 24, 2007

My doppelganger submerges to meet the Mermaid of the Bigwood



When I started preparing Supernatural as the appropriate gift for Tony, I decided to use for wrapping paper, an old copy of the Mt. Express with me on the cover leaping into the Bigwood to celebrate the 1st New Year after 9-11. On the wrap, I handwrote the message, “Tony, submerging into bodies of water can be symbolic – Jim” For a fitting bookmark, I included a rumination about truth spewing out from the Mermaid of the Bigwood, which was in the WR Journal last Mayday.


As I began my rough wrap job, I noticed that one of the accompanying headlines proclaimed, “Valley Man to Challenge Craig”. This struck a nerve, and seemed prescient, since only this summer I had confronted Senator Craig about his ignoring the suggestion I had submitted to him about feasibility study over transforming Friedman airport into an innovative healing center for our patriotic war veterans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular posts