Thursday, March 26, 2009

Reading bricks before books

Reading bricks before books

L. led the meditation this evening, which led me to reflect back to the time before I could read, forty years ago in the barren wilderness of books. I remembered Cherie H., the young girl who would sometimes walk with me to first grade on that frosty trail above Lubber Run Park.

Her dad was an FBI agent, involved with Cub Scouts. I wonder if he sent Cherie with me subconsciously, knowing I would be a good protector for his daughter. After all, I and had averted a brick attack once, on the walk from school, batting off bricks, before donning my kid Batman costume.

I was a fast boy. I was a quick brown fox jumping over lazy dogs, who could read bricks before books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular posts