Sunday, April 28, 2019

A most improbable bullseye

I was presenting a project in eighth grade science ecology class when a most improbable event occurred:

As I turned from the chalkboard where I had drawn some doodlebug Volkswagens and was preparing to explain a safety issue, one middle school colleague from the back row tossed his sharp paper airplane toward me, which I did not notice until it landed bullseye, sticking and staying bent in the double bridge and drooping between my eyeglass lenses and in so hard that I had to remove them to yank it out, which when I did revealed a pink dot mark right between the eyes.

The full class erupted in laughter as such a surprising impossible shot, which transcended the teacher even trying to apprehend the back row winning clown, as he and I both joined in the loud cacophonous laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular posts