Friday, February 29, 2008

Eyes Wide Shut - Part 4

Regarding copyrights, T.M. suggested that I could get around this, by rewriting some of the stories, which I already have done, to a small degree. Actually, most of the stories, which I handed in, had hyperlinks to other stories, which my colleagues never could seem to include in our final product, even when I went straight down the line at our small newspaper, asking each person who handled the Internet content how this could best be applied. Once I handed in a story about this very subject, called Positively Googled Idaho. When the online version came out without the promised hyperlinks, I felt as though it had diminished the potential meaning of the story about tenfold.

When I switched over to the competing newspaper and talked with the editor about this for over an hour, they still did not seem to be able to handle it. For example, here is close to what I handed in for my second WR Journal Column and here is how it came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular posts