Wednesday, October 24, 2007


2nd letter from Senator Larry Craig





October 24, 2007


Mr. Jim Banholzer
PO 10039
Ketchum, Idaho 83340

Dear Jim:

You were frank in expressing your views, and I appreciated it. In fact, I reviewed every letter and contact from Idahoans -- both letters like yours urging me to resign and letters of support from throughout the State.

As you know, I have decided to serve out my term and complete the initiatives for Idaho that are currently underway in the U.S. Senate. When I returned to Washington, D.C. in September, it became clear that I could still work effectively for the State; many of my Senate colleagues have even urged me to remain in office. Resigning would have cost Idaho the seniority and committee assignments that serve key State priorities.

Let me again apologize to you for the mistake I made in pleading guilty to a crime I did not commit. I deeply regret the cloud that has been cast over Idaho because of my actions. I will do all I can to lift that cloud through continued service to our great State.

In the months ahead, I will be voting and working on your behalf in the U.S. Senate. It may not be possible to regain your trust, but I hope you will still continue to give me your input, so that I can do my best to represent you on the issues facing our State and Nation.

Sincerely,

LARRY E. CRAIG
United States Senator

LEC\ben



Note: Please do not reply to this message because it was sent by an unmonitored account used for outgoing correspondence only.

If you would like to contact Senator Craig, please send your email message through his website. Visit
http://craig.senate.gov/email/ to send your message or to learn about other ways of contacting Senator Craig or one of his staff members.

Should you need immediate assistance during regular business hours or while the Senate is in session, you may call Senator Craig's Washington, DC office at 202-224-2752.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular posts